P61 Black Widow Building Instructions

Stephen Semple

Advert

Welcome to the forum Stephen.

The plan is sold by Sarik MW3587 and the prefix MW means its a plan from RC Model World. If you can find the issue date it's often possible to buy a used copy from Magazine Exchange.

Hpefully someone else may know the issue date.

Of course when you buy a plan ask if there is a copy of the instructions available - usually at extra cost.

Edited By kc on 16/11/2020 12:03:01

Actually my info may be a little out as I see the P61 is mentioned in Quiet & Electric Flight  July 2012 so it may not be RC Model World but Traplet's other magazine. But the plan still comes from Sarik as do all Traplet plans. I cannot be sure the article is there in that issue but it's worth a try at 4 pounds. ( Everyone who buys from Magazine Exchange has reported favourably so far.  Note that it says plan included but it's a different plan!)

Edited By kc on 16/11/2020 13:09:49

Edited By kc on 16/11/2020 13:12:17

I found where the plan number sequence fitted into the dates of other plans and realised it wasn't in RCMW so it was probably in one of the other Traplet mags.

Intersting that yesterday Magazine Exchange had a " new old stock " paper copy but today they don't and only offfer digital copy from Pocket Mags.   So you got the last copy!

In due course it would be nice to see some info about the plane when you build it - that's what keeps the forum interesting and worthwhile.

Edited By kc on 17/11/2020 12:58:19

Edited By kc on 17/11/2020 12:58:57

I have that magazine, Stephen. If you are really stuck let me know and I'll cut out the P61 building pages for you. I wasn't going to build it so don't have the plan. Like other Chris Golds designs the fuselage has blue foam blocks shaped for the curvy bits. Everything else is In balsa. His model met its end when one of the props came off. He couldn't control the yaw and it was converted into balsa confetti. Chris's words not mine. What a shame, the P61 looked great and flew well until that propeller departed. An unusual and interesting subject.

Just to let both " kc and buster prop" know that I have just received the plans from Sarik and to my surprise it included a photocopy of the building instructions including build photo's.

So that's great I can now get Building!

Once again can I take this time to thank both of you for helping me out.

so that me sorted