Chep servo's

Keat

Guys.

Looking for some advice on cheap servo's.

I rebuilt the crashed irvine 40 tutor, short of putting the rx, engine and servo's back in.

I'm thinking of fitting some cheap servo's, so I can have 2 planes almost ready to fly..

I'm no longer particularly bothered if this plane takes another battering, It's no longer a pride and joy toy, but now more a functional learning tool. Of course I want it to be safe, so don't want to fit anything that isn't up to the job, or puts anyone's safety into jeprordy.

A local shop to me sells Acoms AS17's, Brand new, 4 for under a tenner.

Sounds like a bargain, and I guess you get what you pay for, but are they any good.

If not, can anyone suggest the best bargain basement servo's ??

Thanks chaps.

Advert

re: the S0208 from Giantcod, most people seem happy with them, but mine caused dramatic glitching with Futaba type gear - 3 different rxs, two different batteries and even a different tx failed to cure it.  Swapping all of the servos did sort it out, the odd thing is that the servos I swapped to are DYS S0210s also from Giantcod.  They are mechanicly identical to the 0208s but higher torque.  Anyway, at £4 a throw they work brilliantly, and are ballrace output with 5Kg/cm and pretty fast movement.