Litespan, advice please!

Has anyone tried using litespan?  The sheet I have seems to have a clear plastic layer over it, is this part of it ,or do I remove it before applying?  It seems almost to want to delaminate on its own before I even get to the laying stage and will seperate very easily.The piece I have layed with it on just wrinkles terribly, without any sign of shrinking, when I apply heat to it with either a sealing iron or a heat gun. 

I have read the instructions thoroughly and cant find mention of a removable layer.  I may just have the temperature wrong, but I think its about right.

Any advice would be helpfull!

Advert

Is it genuine Litespan?

It comes wrapped in a clear non-attached plastic sheet and has no backing as such.

Apply Balsaloc adhesive with a damp sponge to model surface and when dry tack with iron, seal edges with the iron(pulling gently) and shrink with moderate heat. Then apply balsaloc to any overlapped surface, let dry then iron down. Job done or paint if required.

What Brian has explained is for 'open' stucture. Sheeted surfaces, both model and covering requires a coat of Balsaloc, but let both surfaces dry before applying the covering.     It is a very good covering, but requires a little patience, and moderate heat.  I always use silver Litespan on all    sheeted type warbirds prior to painting .  By careful use of 400 wet&dry the model can be given the 'used' look, exposing the silver covering.

I personally coat all my Litespan with Basaloc, when dry I overlay the treated surface with the clear plastic sheet  then roll it onto a cardboard tube, at times I could have 6 sheets or more on the tube ready for use.