FF7 voltage display

paulos

hi wonder if anyone can help, i have a 2 yr old ff7 have not used too much in last year due to purchase of dx7, however after finding a passion for vintage models would like to use 35mhz for these due to lower costs of receivers etc, when i turn Tx on the low power alarm sounded at 8.5v so went & brought new 2000mh batt, charged up yet still voltage at 8.5 with alarm. am i missing something or does it sound like the TX has blown something. 1 more thing the Tx has never been used for a sims with reference toMike Bells post re his FF9. cheers paul

Advert

Hello Paul,

Probably clutching at straws here because you say that the tranny is displaying 8.5 volts, but if a mixing switch or the throttle cut switch has been left "on" when the tranny was switched off, then the beeping alarm will sound when you turn the tranny back on...just a thought.

solved that as well , when i checked the new battery on my charger the display was still showing the voltage from the last battery , sounds a bit backwards but hard to explain. i recharged the new batt put in tx & now shows a healthy 11.2v.  still gatting to grips with the e****ic side of the hobby but im not converting! im not im not im not ( keep repeating to myself i love wiping all the oil from my planes!)