Readers Wives

Crash dummy

Okay boys calm down! This is a genuine suggestion.

I have no doubt that female aeromodellers read this , so we must think of a new name.

The fact is that while you are reading this, or down at the flying field Mrs Plane is probably doing her nut over something simple like a large scale model on the living room floor. It seems quite obvious that the answer to all problems is to let them vent steam (iassume we have no steam powered aircraft) within their own blog type page on here. Lets be honest, you wont be using the computer while you at the "flying field" will you. Mrs Barber would i am sure have loved such an opportunity years ago, luckily ... i mean as luck would have it she decided to fly the nest some years ago. Perhaps there are a few women or henpecked husbands out there willing to run the blog.

All ideas (printable) are welcome,

John

Advert

Unless anyone else is brave enough for the job i may have to do it myself. When it comes to flying rolling pins i`m an expert. I did consider bringing out an ARTthrow kit in time for Christmas. You know the situation, its Christmas eve and nothing other than tomorrows Turkey bought for the wife yet ...

Simple Integration might be the answer.

Our new kitchen has retained the old table to build models on.  Thereby build and family time are integrated.

Get all family members Zagis, then take them all up the field.  Zagis are good for personalisation (although pink tape can't be found).

Next job is a huge set of shelves for the 'in-progress', repair and service projects.

..Andy

Hate to say this Andy, but i dont agree. Family time never exists here! Right now its lovely and sunny: Tomorrow is another day. Where i live in Bavaria you learn to accept massive changes in the weather.We do our own thing in a way, work aside. We have to, because my friends who enjoy skiing want 6 ft of snow NOW and I never want 6 inches of the horrible stuff ever! What the heck is a zagi? Clearly you are pretty keen on them. If they are as magical as you think , order a job lot and we can do a deal! living as i do in Bavaria i could do with a few. Radio testing a 2.1m Cessna in our living room annoyed her for some strange reason, no idea why as it was not parked there for more than a few days! As i quite rightly pointed out her snowboard is parked in the cellar for years! This is the life of a model flyer in Bavaria. Seriously though Andy, i really do think there is room on this site for a womens blog type page. That way we might be able to get a little peace and quiet! How about your partner,is she willing to take on the task of sounding post in a blog? Regards, John.

Cheers Andy i thought it was some kind of religeous cult you sent the family to .... More seriously, this looks like the "SLINGER" on the G3.5 simulator, an electric wing in effect. As luck would have it one of the very few Barbara will even on a sim try! I wonder if i should buy her one for me to fly? Best wishes, John

Hello Eric

I noticed on another part of the forum that you mentioned being taught by Vince W.  This wouldnt happen to be Vince Wrigley of Warrington Model Club fame would it.

Cheers Frank Killan

Hi all

The thing I find is that if its above head hight hanging on bitts of sring it seams to get un noticed, well the cobwebs seam to get away with it, so it must be a formula that works try putting your model board on small pully blocks, like her wash frame over the bath when you need to work on it let it down on to a table, then hoist it up when not in use, you can always paint the under side the same colur as the ceiling, so it blends in you may get away with it, se if you can dodge the flack. 

Just keep on ducking and diving Owen.