All the gear and No idea

Advert

Goes something like this Andy

The PNS is rumoured to stand for Preben Norholm Special. Preben is widely regarded as the father of F3F and the special relates to the increased amount of glass fibre used during the model’s construction.

I always do loads of research before I buy anything mate, I have just got the servo mounts for it cubits and found 4 hs85mg's for the wing , If anyone has a couple of hs225mg's floating around then I would be ready to fly

Lee

Lee - I use HS85's a lot but never with the standard servo arms supplied. I much prefer the beefier arms supplied with a standard size Hitec servo which fit. There is a specific type which I hoard for my 2m moulded stuff (where I use the 85's). What you need are a couple of packs of standard servo arms from amerang or Inwoods. You should get two of one type for the ailerons and two of a similar second size for the flaps.

Andy

I notice the aerial is sticking out of the back of the fuse? you don't need to do that, there should be a little tube in the fuse for the aerial to slide down. The fuse has carbon reinforcement, but not enough to warrant putting the aerial on the outside. certainly not with a mpx IPD, which i seem to remember you said you are using. although the aerial must be extended because that wire is oranage on that rx........

give me a shout if you want to talk settings. 

Hi Tom

I will disreguard the comment about riding the elevator  Cos I have done further investigations into MPX transmitters and found they have a few common prob's, It was glitching sir !!!

How can you extend the aerial ? will that not have other implications as far as the freq? and stuff ( not very clever with this sort of thing )

Lee

often people extend the aerial to make it dangle out the back of the fuse on a carbon fuselage plane.  You just solder a bit of wire on the end!  people also sometimes send two bits of metal up the v-tail and solder that to the aerial wire. or a single bit of piano wire sticking out the back., and so on.

The point is that the aerial should be fine inside the body of the tragi, there should be an orange tube below one of the pushrods, empty, for you to slide the aerial up.

there appears tp be an aerial sticking out the back of yours... anyway, it's not something to avoid as such, just not really needed on this plane.

ref the frequency thing, i believe a 35mhz aerial would have to be several metres long to be the "true" correct size. the rxs cope fine with an extended one.

Hi all

Well the day arrived , But before I go into that a little warning ...................... FUTABA servo arms may seem to fit HI-TEC servo's but they dont !!!!! Please be aware of this I found out last night after having a few suspitions. I bought the arm's from a shop where the owner advised me that they do fit. THEY DON'T !!

Anyway fortunatly it wasn't to much work to sort it out

So after re-sorting the centre's we went to a secret location to try the Tragi out . Weather man said it might rain, basically means it's going to rain , But we headed off to the slope, Got it all together after trying the air with a bedlam and My mini nyx, The lift was great but there was a few patches of sink just had to be a little carefull.

Plan was I launch and Alan was to pilot the Tragi , Alan has a Tragi and knows how to ..

She flew out straight and true, 1 click of down and she was all set, Fantastic what a little time spent setting up can do , so five min's into the flight and Alans that happy with it he starts doing cuban 8's and looping consecutivly % times I think, I had a little fly around , did some roll's and a few stall turns but my hands were shaking, alot of money out there Hmmmmm. any way it was great and the landings were super, here's some pics just to show off a little

double click for a bigger pic

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/ViperTBE/DSCN0550.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/ViperTBE/DSCN0568.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/ViperTBE/DSCN0572.jpg

Great model

Cheers

Lee