Hotliners are great!

Ok, there seems to be some differences,

Rob, the last box on my version says img thumb unlike the img code in the pic above in this thread,  that was the last link i tried to copy, i will use the direct link as mentioned by Timbo and see if that works

the motor

carbon

the bird

ok the above are the direct links so fingers crossed.........

Rob Crewe wrote (see)

How odd! I have a totally different album page to Timbo's and it sounds like Pete's is different again!

Mind you Timbo's is all screwed up thanks to FireFox ! So it could just be a browser thing.

I think its just the "preferences" I have set for my photobucket layout ( see over on the r/h side of main page )

As for being all screwed up due to firefox....I doubt it - screwing up is monopolised by MS

back to the first few posts Hotliners are fun.  I fly 3D but also love the sound a hotliner makes prop chopping the air and the whistle on the glide by..  I am current ly runing a Bandit2 with 4S and 800W and a Absolute, neu power 1509/1.5D/6.7:1 on 16 x 17 CC125 with 5S 3850 and 210A for about 3KW!!!  I would guess aceleration for glide to about 200mph is about 3 seconds.The Absolute flight pattern is very similar to this vid of an S14 below, but the glide is not quite as fast.  I have a Blizzard and found it to be very disappointing, it now a pure glider for the slope.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bbxbS80zX0

Cheers

Kris 

hi Kris

I guess to someone with experience of 3kw the blizzard would dissapoint! glad to see your fond of fvk, im setting up a kamelot for 6s at the mo, although im starting to regret not opting for the flapped wing as its getting heavy!!

I agree, you cant beat the sound of propchop, its a good audible reminder of the sort of energy stuffed up in the nose!

Are you using switched throttle on your absolute or on the stick?

Pete

Hi chris,

my first hotliner was the siren, i first flew it with an e-flite power 25 outrunner and a cheap 60amp esc on 3s 3000mah lipo, the only thing i spent top money on was the servo's and reciever which is common sense with high energy projectiles! the whole lot cost  about 300 all in with hitec metal geared servo's and pcm synthed reciever, and for the performance it gives, i think it is very reasonable, plus the siren is very forgiving and ideal for a newcomer, others may reccomend the multiplex blizzard foam hotliner which would definately be a much cheaper and less committed route to follow, but foam is foam and and it wont last as long,  there are other options to the siren for very similar money and able to use the same simple low cost power system as mentioned above, the topmodel nike 2 is another of my favourite flyers, around 130 quid and faster and stronger than the siren but it lands a fair bit hotter and needs carefull thumbs! puffin models sell the riechard sprinter which is around the same money and great quality for the money, and a lot of fun too being probably the fastest of the three.

Which ever route you go down, you will be most rewarded by using high quality accessories and some of the equipment supplied with models these days is not fit for high energy flying, to do it properly you need to be critical of anything that may look weak because if you lose the use of a control surface on something that is screaming past at ton plus figures, youve got a long walk and maybe some explaining to do!

Get it right and you will be smiling for a long time, the sound of one screaming past out of a motor off dive is very addictive and when it only takes two to three seconds to climb back up to the top, you see the attraction.

Stick with it and good luck

Pete