The December 2008 issue

Twang

Advert

So Dave are there two competitions a web one and a mag one?

And as a subscriber do I still have to cut out the form and post it back even though you have all my details and you know I have brought the mag. I don't understand why we need to bother the post man....

As a subscriber we should be entered into the mag competitions automaticaly.I do post comments on the forums and I want to be as green as possible

What do othes think....

To some extent, I'm with Stephen on this issue.

I try to enter all the Forum competitions - easy via the Forum.

As for the magazine ones, I like to keep my copies of the magazine intact so I take the risk of scanning and printing a copy of the entry form and send that in hoping that it will be acceptable as I am a subscriber and my details are on the database.

I would be prepared to mutilate my magazine if the entry form was printed on the reverse of some advertising content instead of some article or other. A recent one (September Special I think) was on part of the write up of the Nijhuis plan build notes which IMO was a real deterrent to cutting out the printed form.

Malcolm

I've had this conversation about having to mutilate an interesting article in the mag to enter a competition with David A  before apparently they need the original for admin / security reasons which i understand but he did say he'd try to sort the layout issue so we only had to consider mutilating an advert. On a lighter note there is a theme occuring for me here I won the review comp on the site last month and sat in my bedroom is a large box with a gws foamy F4U corsair in it and what should pop up on next months cover .Are the editorial team trying to prompt me into hurrying up and build it I wonder  must say its working. actually as the gws model is nearly the same size as the arttech (a little smaller and lighter) it will be interesting to get it done and compare them. Really looking forward to the TN sunderland article too.

Yes Phil, hurry up with that Corsair, you've had ages now

Stephen, hear what you say. I don't maintain or have access to the subscriber database so to be honest getting postal entries back is just easier, it also gives us a good indication as to just how popular the comps are and what prizes are the most attractive - the response can vary.

Malcolm - I'm sure I've covered off the 'comp mutilate mag' thing before and hung my head in shame as it's been my fault in the past (I plan the page layout you see) but you'll be pleased to see that the comp' in the Dec issue backs an ad'.   

Hear what your saying Dave, marketing tools and all..

Just seams to be very little incentive subscribing because you like the mag just to cut it up. Sound like you've sorted the layout issue shame you don't know who's on the subscription list may be an email to Magicalia is needed.

The Web page is fantastic the forums interesting keep it green..

May be a pass code published in each issue that you enter on the web is the answer

David, it's good to know that next issue would only compromise an advertisement, but it still means cutting bits out of the magazine which I prefer to keep intact.

Please can you say either way whether a scanned and printed or photocopied entry form is acceptable?

If not, I'll have to bite the bullet and cut, or not enter unless it is something I really want.

I recently sent in two scanned entry forms - one with a grandson's name and address as he has shown interest and the beginner package concerned would have been an ideal Christmas present for him...

Malcolm

Try telling that to our lass the future Mrs W.  in truth with my family living in yorkshire we're taking them up next weekend so they had to be got  and let me tell you the sooner they're del the better the tandem z1's for my grandsons are very tempting to er test  but I'm under strict instructions not to touch it's murder I can tell you