Chinese Supplier - HobbyKing

Has anyone out there bought any kits from HobbyKing alias Hobbycity' a Chinese website.  They do a range of fully loaded EPS and EPP and ARF kits at really good prices and from the website photos look to be reasonable quality.  I've ordered a balsa construction Pushy Cat style jet but not received it yet.

Has anyone had any good or bad experience with this company?

Not bought kits from them but have had Li-pos motors and ESC's and they are great. Delivery is remarkable. On one occasion I placed order on Tues night and it was delivered Fri morning!  Just remember that the exchange rate has dropped markedly in recent months and they are not as cheap as they were.

I've used them oodles of times, they're service is fine but the quality of some of the products leaves something to be desired.  I've had trouble with their own brand lipos (Hextronik) puffing after a few months.  Definately a case of buy cheap buy twice.  They were very cheap mind you...

Now the pound's dropping below $1.50 and the Chinese Yuan has been rising making the prices quoted in USD on their site rise it's less and less attractive to buy from them.  I've been using UK based suppiers recently instead but of course their prices will be rising as they buy in replacement stock at higher prices. 

So anyway, now I've cheered you up go ahead and buy!! 

Watch out for customs, been nailed a few times (US$ 200 order was 20Euro to pay customs)... packing has been ok, shipping is superb! Pushycat has very good reviews, all in all they good so far, please put gift on my parcel so I dont have to pay import tax  ( I am in Germany though so customs might be different) Normally 2 days things arrive, shipping number etc provided from HK post and then when it arrives here DHL website to keep tracking!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd agree with that Peevie as I've bought a couple of things from the US and Customs always get hold of them.  Not that I mind paying the VAT  but it's the high collection charge from the carrier I get annoyed about.  Often the VAT is less than the charge.  I don't buy kits from the US anymore as the postage is nearly always more than the cost of the kit.  I'd like to get the Miss America Vortex 32 from Nitroplanes but its not worth the high cost of p&p to the UK unless anyone knows of any other suppliers.

The Snipe Pushy Kat ARF kit I ordered from HobbyKing/City is pretty good build quality; albeit a few rough edges but well worth the low cost.  I also ordered a glass fibre/balsa preconstructed Gee Bee Sports model which looks to be very good quality.  However the suggested brushless motor may be a bit under powered for the weight of it at about 1200g or 21/2 lbs.  I will keep in mind the exchange rates but compared to UK prices for kits even with the lower rate they are still good value here.