Mod spectrum dx6i

iawnski

hi to the experts here ,been talking with a modeler and he says you can change a  spectrum mode 2 tranny to mode 1 throttle left stick,is this true and is it easy  and if it can be done ? what you think, wouldnt life be a lot easier if you could get mode 4 but hey thats life  i await your replies this could be fun whos first get in line please attention

Nope...not feasible for the average person to do this - besides, mode 1 is throttle right. What exactly is the strange mode you fly then kev- where is the throttle? The other channels could be simply re-assigned by plugging the servos into the right sockets EG: whats to stop you plugging the elevator servo into what is supposed to be the throttle socket if you can sort out the ratchet /centreing et and the rudder in to aileron and so on..

I seem to recall that mode 4  (if you are that one ) is throttle left, ailerons left  -and rudder elevator on the right.

So its kinda like a left handed version of mode 1.

If so, surely what you need is a mode 2 Spekky which will have the throttle stick ( the one which is "different" in that it is centreing and unsprung etc ) on the left.

right timbo ,me throttle is right i want it left  with ratchet,as for ele/ rudd/ aile/  i dont have a prob  as i can put aileron left stick with throtle  left stick, then right stick with elevator and rudder ,,can i move the ratchet from the right to left easy ,as im getting the tranny thursday want to get geared up first,

Of course another problem you will have even if you do as I suggested, is that when you come to try to setup for delta / elevon models - you may end up having to do some complicated free mixer assignments - as the normal wing setting function will also be wrong for mode 4.

I cant help thinking that for your mode ( which is a little uncommon ) that the better bet would have been to go the module route. That way, you can also still fly all your older 35Mhz stuff on the same Tx just by switching modules ( a 2 minute easy job on site ). Plus, this means all your current settings and switches and modes etc etc stay exactly as you are used to .

So...tell us Kev, why didnt you go the module route mate?

wooooo one change at a time, had a go at that weird mode your on,wow no chance staying put with what i no  by the way boyo just found out me new trannys throttle left not as i was told so were on track again my freind,next thing is a  ar 6000 ? rx park fly i think you said and good range , 

If you can find a AR6000 then I would buy it. This is a true twin receiver wth 2 seperate short aerials which gives excellent reception, as as for it being park fly only - well my Wildthing has one , and youve seen where that thing goes !

Otherwise, the AR6100 or 6100E ( end pin ) are very good, but not as safe in our gear as the 6000.

Otherwise any of the twin receiver units like the 7000 9000 and so on is fine.

The new AR500 unit is good too - just tested mine in a wing up the Orme today - full range, twin aerial, 5 channel, works a treat. £35.