Ailerons channel config

Delta Whiskey

Hi All, need advice please!

I just brought an already made Ultimate Biplane with an OS 52 engine, as my second aircraft after flying a trainer sucessfully for the last few months. (Been flying helis too for the last 6 months)...anyhow, I've managed to get the Tx somewhat working, except for one aileron, both servos work in the wings, as I've swapped their connections around, the one that works, is connected to channel 1 of the RS 70 Rx, which shows as throttle on the reciever itself, (the throttle control itself is working correctly - left stick), the plane came with two cables left hanging from the fuselage, for which I assumed were both for the ailerons, the 2nd cable connected to the aux 1 connector on the Rx, but it does not function as an aileron should, and as the other cable does, connected to channel 1 as described, do I need a y cable or it this something I need to configured on my Tx which is a T7CP?

Advert

Hello DW,

The usual thing to do, using a 6/8 channel rx, is to connect the right wing servo to channel 1, and the left to channel 6. Then activate the flapperon mix in the tx which should now operate both ailerons.  If they both go the same way, you will need to reverse the incorrect one in the tx.  However, I don't recognise your radio gear, and if throttle is on channel one, (its usually channel 3), then you may just have to connect both ailerons with a Y lead to the correct aileron channel

Hope this helps,

Simon.

OK thanks Simon, I'll do some more investigation, I think the confusion of channel names on the Rx is because I've just realised it's a JR Rx not a futaba as I stated above, I'm told that JR and Futaba name them differently!

The right and left wing servos are connected as you say to ch 1 and ch 6, (throttle & Aux1 according to the JR rx labelling), ch1 works fine, ch6 does nothing, I'll look up the flapperon mix on my Tx if I can find it! Thanks again.

If you are mixing Futaba tx with JR rx, make sure your crystals are both Futaba, and range check the set-up to comfirm compatability.  If it was me, I would use a Futaba rx.

You will only have flapperon mix if the tx is a computer set.  If it is not, you will have to Y lead the two servos together.