Powering the dx6i

Tim Mackey

The comments about low battery drain are very true - this is one very efficient system, which shows a current drain of just a measly 87m/a in use !! As for the batteries, well aside from the fact that you will still need to utilize the inbuilt "spring box" battery compartment, rechargeables can certainly be used. I have fitted mine ( wife's actually ) with eneloop LSD ( low self discharge NiMhs and have only charged oit once since fitting them, have used the Tx for around 3 hours, and it is still showing 5.3V on the meter ( remember the Tx only uses 4 x cells not the more usual 8 )

If anyone is interested, I did some simple modifications to mine - heres the link

Timbo, Is this the spectrum 2.4 if so I have one ,and the Tesco ones have never goe to lw to bleep warning me.Ive been as low as 4.3v How low can I go I normaaly change them at 4.5vbut they last ages Ive even left it on overnight with no untoward problem. I did enquire about a recharge pack so if you confirm it is spectrum Ill look at your info thankyou

Yes 2.4G.

The manual states that the alarm will sound when "the battery drops below 4.3V "
and you should not fly if the battery is below 4.3V. My alarm activates at 4.1V and the display panel then flashes to warn you. The Tx keeps working for quite a long time after the alarm, although this may well depend on the quality of your battery, mine for instance continued for over 20 minutes, at which point the Tx meter was showing 3.9V.  I think a good safety margin is to stop flying when the meter reads around 4.5V which means the cells are at 1.12V each, just below nominal voltage. This also allows a little margin for inevitable meter errors, and the voltage drops off quite quickly when you are down to these levels.