Flying Wing Help

Hi, Ive just built and test flown my first flying  wing ( just my second model plane). Its a FMA Razor 48".

My problem  is that it really wants to nose down in level flight and I couldnt  trim it out.making my first flights very hairy for a beginer though  it was fantastic fun and I landed it seconded time. I applied  2 degrees of up elevator before I started as per the intstructions treble checked the cog which seemed spot on as  per instructions.I fitted a brushless motor with a home made motor mount, I tried to guess/ copy  the thrust angle from the original 400 mount. My guess is that i got the thrust angle wrong .Should I  apply more up or down thrust or change the the cog or just adjust with lots of up elevator?

Any advice will be gratefully recieved 

Advert

• 5 weeks later...
i am the guy who had a problem with my dx 5e transmitter it was the transmitter at fault went back to the shop and he gave me a brand new one works fine now.  still got the os 25 might come handy one day for a flying wing where ta get one thats the problem for the engine anybody got any ideas sorry about the spelling peter middleton...............

make sure the cg is where it's is shown on the plans it could be  it a little foward but never backword it is always better to be a little nose heavy than tail heavy especialy on a wing . trim the glide with the elevons and the powered flight with the thrust line usualy down thrust. deltas are a different ball game since they don,t stall as easy as a wing.

• 4 months later...
Looking at getting one of these, few questions though as the sales on the items is a bit ??? 
1. Can they take standard servos? I have some futaba 3003 spare.
2. Does it need a micro rx or again will a standard be okay? I have an align 6ch spare 
3. Any build tips or are they pretty good. I am looking at a powered  Zagi. Hopefully get it from local shop midland heli (?)