CX2 probs

Kevin Davies 2

hi guys my cx2 is giving me problems it takes off goes out of control tilts to the side and crashes. it also spins around clockwise. i have put 4 new blades, new outer shaft, new lwr. rotor head, new inner shaft, everything is tight. iv changed the motors from extreme to standard and its the same. could it be the gyro, its driving me mad. suggestions please. Kevin

Advert

Hello Kevin,

As Ralph says, more info would help.  The spinning could be the Proportional pot needing adjustment, and the tilting to the side could mean that you need to adjust the servo push-rod.  I take it that you have the trims right across to one side already to try to make it fly straight?

Simon. 

Mmm....don't know.  Do you have anyone local who could have a look at it for you?  Someone else may just see something you have missed, and its never easy diagnosing problems long distance. Sorry, all out of ideas at the moment, maybe someone else will come up with something and if I think of anything else....

right guys i have stopped it tilting and crashing the new outer shaft was slightly bent, its still spinning round clockwise so ive still got to sort this out but its flyable im going to fit another inner shaft tomorrow so fingers crossed. thanks for all your ideas. nice to know im not alone. there is a club nearby but only onreheli. pilot and if you havnt got a t-rex hes not that amenable. Thanks again Kevin

Hi Kevin, Hope I can explain this well enough. Check that the rotor hubs are actually fixed to their shafts and not slipping, carefully with the battery removed put a small screwdriver gently through the two main gears underneath to lock them. Then gently see if the rotor hubs are slipping. If the lower rotor hub slips it is usually that the upper screws have missed the locating holes in the outer shaft, loosen the screws and see if you can lock it properly. If the upper blades slip it is usually the little collar at the very bottom, make sure the screws are against the flats on the end of the inner shaft. That is what usually cures my CX2 when it has that problem. If all that is good all that is left is to adjust the proportion control, move it just a little at a time.

thanks Gemma yeah i actually fitted a new rotor lower head with loctite on the screws as this happened before but its still spinning. as i said its flyable but a bit mad. so ill change the inner shaft tomorrow and see what happens. if that doesnt work ill swop the gyro off my other cx2. i wont be beaten by a load of chinese plastic and metal. Kevin

• 2 weeks later...