Struggling to connect Spektrum Rx to Eachine quad

Allan Bennett

I'm in the process of setting up a clubmate's Eachine X220v3 quadcopter with a Spektrum SRXL2 receiver, using Betaflight.  Thus far I've soldered the connector to the SRXL2 and spliced the supplied 4-wire cable to the 3-wire one from the Eachine, dispensing with the SRXL2 unused wire.  The SRXL2 is successfully bound to a DX6 transmitter and has a solid orange LED when I connect it to the Eachine board and power up the board.  My problem is that when I connect to Betaflight, with the Eachine powered, I can't get any response from any of the channels, though the quad picture on the home screen moves correctly in response to movement of the Eachine.

Here are screenshots of my Rx connection to the Eachine, and of the Ports and Receiver screens in Betaflight:  I'm sure I must be missing something in the basic setup, so any hints would be welcome.

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

I've tried selecting each of the UARTs in the Ports screen in turn, but still no joy.  I've also watched a YouTube video by Horizon Hobby, which shows some CLi commands required, but I've tried those (some are invalid) and still no change.  Seems like Betaflight has moved on since that video was made, for SPEKTRUM SRLX2 is now a drop-down option in the Receiver screen, which it doesn't seem to have been the case when the video was made.

I passed this on to another club member who's had more Betaflight and Spektrum experience than I have, and he's come to the conclusion that the Eachine's FC is defective.  The club member who owns it got if from Bangood, so we're not hopeful of a positive response from them, but will ask for a warranty replacement.