Goosedale MFC and Model Museum photos wanted

At my local flying club, Goosedale MFC, we have been approached by our landlords with a request for photos from the days of the old model museum. It appears they want to create a photo wall in the main conference and wedding venue, that shows something of the history of the site as a model flying venue.

Unfortunately, most of the current members are more concerned with flying than they are of taking photos, so all we have to offer is what is in the 'official' club archive - which to be honest isn't much.

However, over the years, especially in the early days of the museum, when there were various events and competitions at thet the site, there were lots of visitors, and I am hoping that some of the members of this forum are among them.

More importantly, I am hoping that some of you may have some photos of the site in your archives, that you would be willing to share with us.

So, if anybody on this forum does have any useable photos of Goosedale, and would be willing to have them displayed for the public to admire, then please let me know.

We don't need original photos - good quality scans would be more than enough, and the more the merrier.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

David

museum.jpg

Schluter cup 92.jpg

Sorry no photos but Goosedale is where I passed my A cert after being taught to fly by Norman (Hunt?) back in 1995.  The museum was still there then and I remember a great model show I attended.  The museum was excellent and it's a pity it didn't work out as intended.  It's about 20 miles or so from where we live and a decent bike ride to get there so, in the glorious summer of 1995, I could get both flying and cycling into my day.

I was a member of the club for a while because it was cheaper than paying day membership when I had my lesson.