Veron Mini Robot - Belair short kit. Will it fly on Sunday?

Hi folks, I have had this sitting in it's bubble wrap for a couple of years and decided it's time it got built. I started building on Monday evening and I am at the covering stage having installed the servos beforehand and will put the motor in after covering. I really, REALLY hate installing radio: I inevitably end up with a hostile octopus made of ariel wires, servo cables and thick, unwieldy power cables. 

Anyway, Here it is so far, I will even slap a proper undercart on it. 

As far as power goes I am thinking 2s, a 2822 and an 8 x4, largely because I have them in stock and the last time I put anything bigger in a model this small ( A cardinal) the thing torque rolled into the ground. Any criticism, howls of derision or straight up advice would be welcomed. 

I am considering re joining my club which I let lapse at the beginning of the year because I am not one of natures social animals but it's the only way I get to fly so I am just going to have to deal with it if I want to get anything in the air again. So, to this end - will I get it finished and set up before Sunday?  Who can tell?  

20230410_195418.jpg

20230410_213422.jpg

20230411_085717.jpg

20230411_090905.jpg

20230411_202155.jpg

20230412_205827.jpg

20230412_205838.jpg

20230412_205827.jpg

• Like 4

Mine flies fine on a 2822-1450, 3S 450 and a 7x3.5 GWS prop. About 70W. I used to use a 2S battery and a higher Kv motor with a 7x5, did about 56W and it flew quite nicely on that as well. I folded the wing on mine doing consecutive loops. It's known to have a weak wing apparently. Wish I'd known that before I got carried away. I fly it like a powered glider now. Very relaxing.

• Like 1

The Mini Robot is a great little flyer! Mine still flies on single channel (one press for right, two for left!), but be warned - the wings are not very strong!

My first one (back in 1965) clapped hands on its second flight when I got into a spiral dive through inexperience. For my current one, I used a spruce main spar - and I'm still careful with it!

When this video was made, it still had a rubber driven escapement which proved to be less than reliable! It has now been replaced by a servo, but the mode of operation is exactly the same!

Best of luck with the maiden!

• Like 1