Eze -fan

Marcus

Advert

marcus
speed 400/480/500 are designations given to the old brushed can motors and refer to their size 400 being the smaller of the three. brushless motors whilst still having a size equivilant to the fore said motors are much more powerfull but the sizes are still used as a benchmark figure. the esc (speed controller) basically has to be able to handle the current demanded by a said motor as does a battery need to be able to deliver that current. most stockists are able to supply a package suitable for the job in hand so most of the hard work has already been done in these cases.
look in the next issue and a lot more will be revealed
regards
nasa

For my electric flight equipment, i tend to buy through RCM Direct (www.rcmdirect.co.uk) who do good brushless motors and ESCs at amazingly low prices. Take a look at their EDF fan and brushless motor combos. About £20 for fan and motor! I don't know the weight of the Eze-fan, but the smallest one produces 720grams of thrust at 13.5v. If you used a 3s Lipo, this would probably be fine for the Eze-fan. To see what ESC you should use, look at the max current draw on the motor spec. Remember, always use an ESC that handles more current than the motor. For which size flightpack to use, look at your target weight.
Jonathan

• 1 month later...
I've just got the planks and am going to start building one this month. This is my first own build after learning to fly with ARTFs. I've got a multiplex space scooter, which I love, that is quite a similar plan form to this, so hopefully I should be to hard to get the hang of flying it...

I was just hoping someone could help me out with a little query. As I understand it from my space scooter, the arelons have different up/down deflections to avoid inducing yaw. I have not had a plane with seperate elevator servos before, and was wondering if there is any special way to set them up or anything? do I need a computer type transmiter to control the deflections or is my old fashioned Futaba OK? Cheers...

It depends on wich one is your old fashioned Futaba. But most probably yo own one wich would be able to program flaperons and then you must connect first aileron(right one) in channel one, and the second aileron connected to the channel 5,6 or 7 (it depends in your transmiter and the way you programmed it).

If you want link my email in the messenger and I would help you in all you need and I could. :D

And now, could anyone please help me in how to get the eze-fan plans?, please :)

Nice flights!!!

You can ofset surface movement the old fashioned way, mechanically. If you set your servo arms slightly forward then there is more movement when they push back. if you follow? So if your servos are mounted as per plan set the arms slightly forward to get more down movement. Would be so muchg easier to show with a drawing. Slightly back and there will be more up throw. I think and i may be wrong but its better to have more down deflection as this creates less drag. Glider pilots should know this!! i can se it helping with edfs a lot since you want to make every bit of power you have count and really minimise drag.

• 2 weeks later...
Been flying my eze fan and its been fun. a little too much fun. my battery hit lvc and i had to make a forced downwind landing. came in fast but steady the grass was wet and slid out across a patch of cow poo and rough ground where the cows had been digging. lost the skid and the boom came off. Bugger!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Guy's Here in Aust we still havn't got the August issue, and i'm hanging out to have a go at building the EZY-FAN. Can anyone give me in plain English the size of the fan in inches, the of the motor in K/v. I intend to bring in the fan and motor in from Hong Kong from United Hobbies. They have a site thats worth looking at.So, I need the above info.

Hi Guys
Flew my Eze-Fan for the first time today. It got about 50 yards away and b ecame un controleable. Did'nt do a range check with motor running, wally!! No damage was done but I get VERY bad interference between motor and ESC and dare not fly it again as controle serfaces flaps about wildly at 50 yard range with motor running.
For info, I scaled up the plans by 12% as I am using 74mm internal dia fan insted of 68mm with a 30A ESC.
Can anyone give any idears on how to rectify my dilemma.
Thanks
Chad

Hi guys,
Im new to electric flight, flown IC for about 18 months Bought a very well built Eze-fan at a show last week for a cracking price (£30) with fan and brushless, couldnt believe my luck. Fitted all the other bits but would be greatful if someone could give me a clue as to balancing it as i have no plans which show me the centre of gravity. And any tips for balancing electric planes.I have always flown ic with a bit of "nose heavy". Is it the same for electric and does having the fan fitted in the centre of the plane make a diferance.
Much appreciated
Dave

Dave

Bargain !
Just a tad under 9.5cm bach from the leading edge on the plan.
A little nose heavy never goes amiss for the first few flights. There isn't a rule of thumb for electric models Dave although getting the C of G correct is normally easier as all you have to do is move the battery around.

The build article was in the July issue. Back issues available of course.

David.