Engine mounts.. common sizes?

FiddleSticks

Hi all..

When i was previously in the hobby my first copter was a Raptor 30 with a TT 36 engine. Another guy had fitted an OS lump of a size i can't remember.

I've now got a Raptor 30 V2 that i bought back in 2010 but never actually finished off. This year i'm aiming to do that (or at least by next summer lol). The chopper is now 13 years old out of the box but still unflown and as such, kind of new. I've missed a TT 36Heli engine last year that went on ebay brand new and can only find 2nds now - 36's and 39's so i'm mulling over fitting a different brand instead especially as i've read that the TT 39 was good at breaking conrods.

Do these engines all have the same mounting hole dimensions? - Eg do engines in the 30s all have them to the same spec or is it a guessing game?

Many thanks

FS

Advert

I used an OS 32 in my Raptor back in the day. The OS32 & OS37 have the same mounting dimensions & fit straight in the Raptor 30 mount, check here from https://www.os-engines.co.jp/english/line_up/engine/heri/herindex.htm :

image.thumb.png.29d2ba8446ee81b2614eebebd96a18b1.png

as does the Irvine 36:

image.thumb.png.0c8faed05ed63619dd5b919e12dd504c.png

As mentioned elsewhere most heli's are now electric but there must be lots of the old heli engines still lying about. I still have a Hirobo Shuttle of a similar vintage which I converted to electric.

...and welcome to the forum!