Lumpers

hi lads and lassies has anyone herd of a plane called lumpers its a really old designe from the times just after or somewhere about pulse radios that era so does anyone have any photos or info or are selling one, you get the idea.

merry christmas and a happy new year

if you can rember it   (glug glug)

p.s timbo you'll never change my spelling hehehehehe

Advert

• 1 month later...
Just came across this old thread.

This has brought back memories as it's the model I learnt on.  Knowing better than anyone else, I constructed a wonderful scale single channel Cessna 180 and lobbed it into the wild blue yonder at Nomansland near St. Albans, back in '74ish.  This pitched up, stalled and demolished everything from the windscreen forward. Luckily this meant I didn't get the chance to hurt anyone by getting the rudder reversed once it was coming towards me...

Anyway, to cut the story short, after a few attempts with a (very) bodged repair, the wise old sages at the Watford Wayfarers advised me to go away and build a Lumpers, so I sent for the plan and built one, covered with the recommended nylon and dope. 

Over the next few months, I proceeded to throw the Lumpers into the ground in any attitude from vaguely horizontal to fully vertical (2 channel so it would often be at full throttle on the Enya .09) and apart from all the bits rattling around in the nylon "bag" it survived with minor repairs between each session.  I'm sure that Brian Cooper will remember the attempts to prise the transmitter from my hands - no buddy boxes in those days - or having the best part of half a second to try to save it when I'd realised the situation was hopeless and thrust the box into his hands.

Happy days!

Anyway, if you ever got any decent pictures of a Lumpers I'd love to see them - and perhaps you'd like to divulge why you were asking?  I'm sure I saw the plan listed somewhere - perhaps even close to home as I believe it was an RCM&E plan from 1968.

Lumpers is a 48" span single channel high wing cabin type for 1.5cc. Features in MAP plans handbook no 4 from mid 70s, its USP is said to be its extreme toughness. I can scan the relevant page and email it to you if that's of help.

The X-List can supply this plan. No RC838, £12.50. The good news is that its in their Section One - ie they've definitely got it, because they've printed and sold it within the last two years. Go to

to download pdf of their full listings and ordering info

• 4 weeks later...
Lumpers ............Ahhh brings back a lot of memeries,you guys talking mid 70s...built mine mid 60s ...RSC single channel.....Conquest escapment ,good old Bang Bang that was the fore runner in my day then ..followed by the  Classic B.Murleys  BazzBomb....
Sure was great single channel days..........