New and explaining my user name

Arthur Harris

I just made a couple of posts and realise perhaps I should have introduced myself. Harris is my real surname, of course I was nicknamed "Bomber" in school and the army (I'm old enough to be retired so went to school while WW2 was still in people's memories). Better than a school mate named Roberts who was nicknamed "Killer"- you have to be my age to recognise that reference! Though poor Arthur was accused of similar.

So, choosing Arthur as an online moniker is easy.

Main interests- computer gaming, DIY, and of course RC flying. I've kind of gelled with a group who are largely incompetent but incredibly enthusiastic. Ending the day with an intact model is an achievement. Seeing something you have built actually fly is even more of an achievement. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Piers Bowlan said:

Welcome to the forum Arthur. What do you fly and what part of the world. Do you build from kits/plans too or do you prefer ARTFs? I hope you find the forum to your liking. Have fun.

Stick and tissue models as a child, along with philately and black and white TV which were the hobbies of the day then.

I was astonished to find that electric foam models are now the norm. I can see why though. Clean, convenient, quick to put together, and they don't take too long to repair after a prang. I'm on my second Riot (maybe more, it is a bit like Trigger's road sweepers broom- the tail plane and innards are still the original).

The "hook" to RC flying is that it is hard and challenging- getting a nice landing when it is gusty is so satisfying.

• Like 1