Showtime 90

Bought a showtime 90 a short while ago and got an SC91 2 stroke to power it. The motor, doesn't exactly give it 'sparkling' performance, so, a motor change is in order.

My dilemma is...... 120 fourstroke or mvvs 26cc petrol??

I've never had a petrol motor as yet, so the change-over is making me wonder whether to go that route or not. I'm used to glow motors so the 120 fourstroke wouldn't be any problem to fit and operate.

But..... I like the idea of cheap fuel and a motor that will cost me the equivalent of a middle of the road fourstroke.

Ground clearance for the prop isn't a problem either way, and, the added one pound of weight wouldn't bother me too much as the plane is a bit of a floater anyway.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advert

Actually, I just did a quick check on fourstroke weights, and, they all average around 1kg (thats probably minus the silencer too). The MVVS, all up including ignition, battery, and silencer comes to around 1.150kg. Thats only 150g difference. Add to that, petrol engines use much less fuel so need a smaller tank (around 10 oz for the 26 mvvs) the weight difference is virtually nil. Lokks like I'm answering this one myself, and twisting my own arm.

What do you all think? Have I missed anything??

• 1 year later...