Tornado 80A ESC Reset

Hello all,

I have made a boo boo. I turned on my transmitter and left the throttle up. Having plugged in the esc (dangerous I know) it went in to programming mode. My brother helpfully pulled down the throttle and hence adjusted something on the ESC.

The problem is we don't know what was changed and I am worried that it was the cut-off voltage or cell count. Does anyone know how to reset the ESC to default? Or where I can find a manual from? (Searched the web all over!)

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

Advert

I think you will find that all it did was sense the full throttle position and throw..and the other settings will be at default now.

Overlander /tec supply distribute the tornado stuff ( I CERTAINLY  cant help much with this brand ) so maybe try contacting them if in doubt.

Do a dry run and assess how the motor runs, and at what voltage level the ESC cuts power to the motor - you do of course have a whatmeter /similar dont you

If you haven't solved it yet I suggest you get a Tornado programmer unit. You plug the ESC into it and it will tell you what its set to. You can then change its settings quite easily once you've found the info that comes with the ESC.

Another way is to listen to the 'beeps' when you switch on and compare with the information that came with the ESG.

Alternatively a simple way to see what the ESC is set to is to set up the power train, connect a voltmeter across the battery, and then run it until the ESC cuts out the motor drive then read the Volts. The problem with this  is that if the ESC has been set to a lesser number of cells than the battery you are testing with then you need to watch the volts very carefully, or you may destroy the battery by allowing it to get too low.

I hope this helps

(I tried to reply before but it doesn't seem to have arrived so this may be my second post!)