Copter X

Gaz Elliott

Advert

Hi Gaz

I have only got the Copterx 200 but I think it is out standing value for money and flys so well the place to get them from is in H K and is eskyheli.com the home of all models and parts I just love mine has taken all the stick I have given it it realy is fine.

Happy new year to all Owen.

Second the above,

I have one and have been flying it since august. It's a straight clone of the Trex 450seV2. I paid £60 for my kit !! and then chose my own motor and radio gear, lipo. The quality is as good as align with the exception of the shafts, my tail shaft was bent from new and they sent me a whole new tail assembly I replaced the main and feathering shafts with align ones when I bent them, the heli was noticeably smoother afterwards. Use align spares as they are reasonably priced and a straight swap. One thing I would replace from new is the belt pulley on the tail assembly (this go for Trex as well) and change it for a blade 400 one, the belt can jam on the stock one.

Some vids of mine.

I have to say that it is far superior to the BeltCP just dont get the RTF one ! With Helis it is more down to the radio gear. Mine uses scorpion esc and motor, Logictech gyro and tail, HS65MG servos and flight power batteries. With the Align kits you pay for the motor/esc/lipo whether you are goint to use them or not. I Can't comment on the mini titan or twister. As said above it uses any seV2 align part and these are very easy to get hold of. Put it next to a Trex and the normal response is incredulity that the owners paid so much more for the Align name.

Oh and if you get one don't pay those prices on the uk site the prices for the spares and kits look a little high to me, £60 for the main frame when the align one is £70 is to much. Have a look on E-bay, mine came from HK.

Every bit for a 450 can be found here Midland heli's

It all depends on what you can afford, if you can spend the money on Align then that's what I would do.

Do you remeber the website /traders name??? I found one called besthobbysite 4 uk (hongkong based) but they are £119 for ali and £139 for the SE I have bid for one but they only auction the Ali not the SE. Great video by the way.

Midlands are a top store and they are almost on my door step so easy for parts. I like to shop around for the big buys and save money but tend to use the LHS for repairs and spare etc. The Copter X is certainly looking a good buy.

I have been caught out before and bought a cheap alternative and it was errrr rubbish. Hence my first question . I did post "blade or trex" before I found out about Copter X and the  Century GL450SE

cheers  again

Yes there is nothing wrong with them, its just at that price you are very close to Trex money. Like for like,

Trex 450seV2 kit is £250 with esc, motor, lipo and carbon blades = £250

CopterX 450seV2 £130 + Motor £33 + esc £34 + lipo £35 + 325 Carbon blades £23  = £255

So they cost you the same !!! not such a good deal. Thats with scorpion motor and esc and flightpower lipo you could do it cheaper but you would not do the airframe justice.

At that price I would have got the Trex.

Looking on the century website the frame looks different and the gyro mount is on top of the tail boom, which is a bad place for it to be, being the most expensive part of the heli, under the boom as on se2 frame is much safer for it.

You are going to end up replacing those servo's to. My SG-90's lasted one gentle blade strike and then stripped a gear, the frame had to come apart to replace them. I cant express how much better some HS65MG are with there metal gears. The electrics are the bits that suffer the most with a low budget.

• 2 weeks later...