Aeromaster Electric Conversio

I'm in the middle of resurrecting my trusty Aeromaster, last flown in the mid '8os. Unfortunately, it met its demise when my tranny aileron/ elevator stick came out of the box in my fingers- in the middle of a low level loop!

A great plane to fly- I still have the six major pieces- two upper wing components, two lower wing pieces, and the fuselage, broken in half behind the cockpit.(I threw the other thousand pieces of debris in the bin).  I am now in the process of repairing/ rebuilding it. I now have complete upper and lower wings!  Fuselage now in one piece!

The original had great performance powered by an HP61.  This time, I'm converting it to electric power.  Proposed motor- Mega 41/30/15,  powered by a 6s Lipo sized at 155x48x48mm.

I 'm hoping that there may be readers looking in that may have carried out the leccy conversion?  What I would like to know, how should I insert/extract the battery pack?  I have the option of opening a hatch on top, probably between the upper wing front and rear support struts?  Or, opening a hatch in the bottom between motor support bulkhead and the front wheel support dowel.  Pros and cons for both.

I'm including a portion of the original Lou Andrews original elevation drawing.

BTW, I won't be using a cowl!

Any suggestions welcomed thanks!

Aeromaster Elevation.jpg

Edited by Tosh McCaber
  • Like 1

Advert