Weston Capiche 140 RCM&E - cowl

Halsey

Anyone got or know how I can get a cowl for my recently acquired but old and unflown Capiche 140 ??????????

or 

Is the current 50 version the same cowl - I am a newcomer so I simply don't know.

Thanks

Edited by Halsey

I cant seem to edit this post again - perhaps I'm too quick. 

It seems the current 50 isn't going to work as its an upscaled version so does anyone know of a generic cowl that might work - engine bulkhead is app 3" wide and 3.5" high the projection is app 3.5"

I have got the original but I have messed with it too much due to inexperience in trying to fit an elec conversion which I fitted to the bulkhead and cut the cowl rather than as I now realise fitting it to a projecting cradle not altering the cowl as much :((

Happy to be learning...........

J

Halsey, you might be able to source one from Carbon Copy if you give them a call. I bought some spats from them not long ago so they are still operating. The don't do online payments so it's done over the phone with the card only being charged when the item is posted. Depends if you are comfortable with that. Failing that I am sure I have a couple of used examples down the work shop so I can look there this week if that's any use? 

49 minutes ago, Adrian Smith 1 said:

Halsey, you might be able to source one from Carbon Copy if you give them a call. I bought some spats from them not long ago so they are still operating. The don't do online payments so it's done over the phone with the card only being charged when the item is posted. Depends if you are comfortable with that. Failing that I am sure I have a couple of used examples down the work shop so I can look there this week if that's any use? 

YES please - Carbon Copy cant help

4 minutes ago, Adrian Smith 1 said:

Hi Halsey, I will have a look early next week. I am sure I have a couple spare down the work shop. I will PM you with a photo when I have been to see what you think.

Thanks much appreciated

J

Edited by Halsey

Hi,

I really appreciate your efforts on my behalf...as part of providing more info could you clarify the measurements please particularly the length - thanks

Also your expectations 🙂

Thanks - have a good week.........

J