Blade MCX Battery Connection

Steve Colman

Has anyone experienced a problem when connecting batteries to the MCX ? I have 4 batteries and only one of them now makes a reliable connection with the lead. The other 3 just don't seem to make a connection at all which is a bit of downer to say the least ! Kind of makes a nonsense of getting extra lipos and cycling them to keep them in good order.

Steve. 

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any trouble with the one that came with my MCX, but I haven't bought any spares as SMC didn't have any in stock.

Is it possible that the one that works ok is the one that came with the heli, and the rest are sligtly different? I assume they have the same part number on and everything?

Good luck getting them working, anyway.

Tim, I find getting it out of the charger easy, as I can get a fingernail under the two ridges on the side of the plastic block, to pull the battery up.

I have now sorted the problem and it lies with the connector pins at the end of the lead and not the lipos. Because of my hamfistedness in attaching the lipos I was bending the pins upwards each time. I have since bent them carefully back into position and everything is fine. Just extra careful from now on.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

This seames to be a common problem with small lipos, as the little plugs they use are so fidly to try to conect up, and do not have a long life span. I also find the 3 and 4 pin lipo charging plugs do not last long and the batterys then start not charging properly I have just to day had to solder the wires back onto a nouther pack as they seam to go brital and just shear of all good fun.

All charged up Owen.