How to update Graupner Mz24 firmware?

I have a problem with my Mz24. I downloaded the latest GR firmware update software and it downloads the latest file but can't apply it through usb to the tx. Windows 10 seems to have the come port open but the bootloader does not open so the firmware does not complete. Any ideas? I'd like to update to 5he Mz24 Pro firmware but not sure if it's possible? 

Advert

I haven’t tried updating my MZ-24 Pro yet but for my MZ-16 using the update studio is definitely the way to go, maybe you will have more success through their own software. I’ve got a vague recollection that to upgrade to the Pro software requires sending your Tx back to a service centre. Not sure about that though.

You might have found this already but there’s some resources here:

https://www.controlhobbies.com/graupner-mz-18-mz-24-product-support.html

Thanks yes that's where I downloaded the update studio. I've tried it on windows 10 and 11 pcs with the same result... It gets as far as applying the file to the tx then stops. Obviously the USB comms are OK as it identifies the tx type. The screen image of the failure is here

IMG_20240419_170531.jpg