Tail rotor drive

John Barker

Advert

I think youve got it spot on Vinnie, im thinking the belt was too slack too. This is further confirmed by the fact that for no good reason 2 or 3 times the tail has spun violently usually on take off. I was starting to think it was the new HH gyro id fitted but having found the cog in that state, its pretty conclusive. I guess theres some info on how tight it should be on here i'll take a look.

Cheers

John

John,

Tighten the belt and to check if it's tight enough, push the side of the belt with a blunt intrument like the end of the allen key(so it doesn't get damaged) and the belt should push in approx half way with a bit of pressure,any more it's too loose and if you cant push it,it's too tight.

Also ,if it's too tight ,you won't be able to spin the tail end with ease and will feel friction,which will also increase the ampage in flight ,which could burn  out your speed controller if it's the esky 25 amp one or reduce flight time or worse still,kill the lipo.