Middle Phase transformed in to a ic powered monster

Chris C

Advert

• 8 months later...
hehe  almost finished i will take some pictures as soon as poss, iam fitting the engine today all the electric's are in place ive also made a new tailplane outta thin ply it might b a tad heavy but i have a back up plan should that be the case (Evil laugh)

• 3 months later...
IT FLYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i haven't posted in a while ive been so busy, ive flown the middle phase mark two today it flys really well i have problems with perspective beacuse of the colours (which are goign to be changed red for left green for right e.c.t) and she keeps pulling to the left we don't know if its the engine or the wing (we used to have a strip on the right or left wing for trim purposes). on the second flight it took a nose dive into resonably soft earth the engine is covered in mud but looks ok theres abit of damage on fuss which can be easly repaired and the prop and spinner are finished there to broken to reuse, last point is that i was running her on minimum throttle all the time beacuse the engine was so power full we took a fair few pics so i will post them when i can  

In all fairness its such an easy plane to fly, ive never ever flown a powered plane before and it had been 10/11 months since ive flown my glider, i was thrown in at the deep end by flying a heavly modified IC powered former glider and it was very easy to control and fly so if you ask me more people should do something like this beacuse it lets you build your own ideas and create something very personaly yours also its cost effective  comared to buying a new plane