Spektrum dx6i throttle programming

gypsykyd

Hope someone out there can help, I need to know how to adjust the throttle setting.
I can adjust the throttle travel, ie: achieve full throttle in a shorter stick movement, but thats not what i want.
What i need is to have less throttle. not less movement, ie i want less actual throttle not less movement of the stick.
For instance, if the motors pulling 25 amps at three quarter throttle, i want to adjust the end point of the stick so that it gives me that at full throttle.
I've tried everything i can think of and i'm at my wits end, i can't believe this simple adjustment is not possible.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated as the manual is as much use as a chocolate teapot when it comes to an actual description of individual functions.

Ta muchly

Advert

I didn't think the DX6i instructions were to bad, It's quite easy in the instructions, go to travel adjust, select the channel and move the stick in the direction you want to reduce the travel and then adjust the travel to less that 100% with the scroll button. Try it with a servo and you'll see how easy it is.

What happens with some ESC's though is that they recalibrate themselves, so you reduce the throw in the Tx and they reclaibrate themselves so you get 100% at full stick.

Much better to put a smaller diameter or lower pitch prop on so you only pull 25 amps at max throw.

Yeah, i could prop it down but as its a 3d bipe i kinda wanted the extra thrust a slightly larger prop gives me, an 11x4.7 by the way.
My main problem is the motor is too high a kv really, but i had it kicking about and it fitted the bill in terms of power.
You know how it is, once its fitted you just want to make it work somehow, like a dog with a bone, arf.
I did sort it eventually by going nuts and adjusting the throttle sub trim to (get this) -96%.
That has had the effect of limiting the draw to about 40 amps, which is the upper limit for the motor so i'll settle for that.
I'm at a loss as to why the sub trim seems to have virtually no effect until its at about -92% but hey, i,ll take what i can get.
Cheers guys, expect more questions on the subject of tx programming as although i can see the the effect some functions have, i cant for the life of me see a practical use for them.  I expect all will become clear in time.