VQ 60 sized Hurricane

winchweight

Advert

I have built and flown one, you can see a photo in my gallery, lovely scale look, quite heavy for it's size, so needs plenty of power, has an option for nav/landing lights which is nice [just remember, the Hurricane could only switch on one landing light at a time!], I would reccomend one, the only thing is, I wouldn't use their retracts, not brilliant, put some Robart mechanicals in there, or better still air. The Hurricane had a very odd angle for the undercarriage, 86 degrees I think it is, so set those axles up very carefully, no tow-in under any circumstances! If you are going to electric it, use an HMP alloy mount to get perfect spinner alignment, and I wouldn't contemplate a cheapy motor, you want an good [expensive] efficient motor of around 1100w, the E-Flight 0.60 on a 16x8 or Hacker A50 [same prop] are perfect for it, go low kv as obviously you are limited to Lipo space, 3700mAh 6s is probably as much as you can get in their, on the above set up, it will fly scale for up to 12-15 mins.