Correct set-up for OverTec Extra 260.

arko66

Hi again. I need help yet again!
I just purchased an Overlande Technologies Extra 260 E30 Series 49" from MSL in Leeds (Great price!).
Ive been looking for the ideal set up in power. One site recommends a Tornado Thumper 3542 with Tornado Opto 60 Amp ESC and a 3S 11.1V Lipo.
Another says a Hacker A30-14L witha 60Amp ESC and 3S 2100-2600 mAh Lipo. Another says something else and now Im unsure what to buy. Flying weight is 2.3-2.65lbs (1050-1200g).
Ideally I would like enough power to hover and pull into vert without weakening anything....like my nerves! haha.
Can any fellow member recommend an ideal set-up and also recommend a comparitavely cheap option as a combo? Many thanks in advance friends.
Ian.

Advert

Hi Ian, built one last year with the Tornado 3542 which has bags of power. The issue for me was the Kv. The motor was a 1250Kv which pulled over 40 amps on the 14x7 - too much for the 40-amp ESC I was using. (I quite like a 14x7 for practicing 3D).

Because of this I had to fly with a 12x6 which was better for normal aeros, the model was still very fast. I used 2500mAh 3S Li-Pos.

I think there's a 1100'ish KV Tornado so you'll be fine with that. Any equivalent unit will be fine, just make sure the Kv is 900-1100 and you'll be fine. I think the Tornado is cheaper than the Hacker if price is an issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for that David. Sorry to get back so late but I have been worrking like mad , what with the snow and everything. I only wish choosing a set-up was as easy as monitoring sewers! Getting the "flow" of things, if you know what I mean? Haha.
I actually bought a HiModel BL2820-07 (500W) 919Kv Brushless Motor & 60A 'Professional' ESC Combo Deal. brc338. More than enough power I think with a 14x7 prop.... but which Li-Po? 25C 2200 3S or 3250 3S/or 4S?
Not only that...but I got to buy a new charger! Any reccommendations?
Thanks in advance.
arko (ian williams)