RC Lander Rafale

James Hindle

Advert

This version of the retracts isn't for grass but the manufacturer has made some metal mechanical retracts that are good for short grass, hopefully I'll try them out soon as they retro fit with no problem....

I cannot stress how turbineish(?) the noise is I thought Scott was surffering from tinnitis when he first mentioned it but no it is way better, some of the die hard 'IC till I die' brigade were impressed !  Still grinning several hours later .....

I love the panther 50+ flights to date and she's still going strong.

The setup in my rafale is the twin lander metal fan's 3900KV with 2 60A ESC's 2 2500 25C lipos and a hobbywing UBEC.

I began the conversion of my jets to 2.4Ghz just before christmas as interference was always on the cards and this one flies great on the spektrum 7 channell thing.

With some mods to the underside hand lauch would be possible as she has a 1:1 thrust ratio, the C of G is on the retracts so no issues about launching her.

The retracts I am using will not stand up to grass but the new ones developed by Tim Wan at RC Lander will, I'll hopefully test them out soon.

• 1 month later...
the metal retracts lasted a few flights on our grass strip but eventually failed, the cover over the pinion needs increasing to strengthen them, Tim Wan is looking to improve them so hang fire. 

The biggest improvement for all grass flyers would be to spring load the legs, one turn would suffice, the SF retracts on my lear jet are very robust.....

Ok thanks for the advice James, the low wing loading on the f-16 was conserning on handlaunch but nothing major really, the model has the ability for retracts so why not? But for the hangover is the question, i have the panther too and lander models seem to get better everyday so I guess its a waiting game to catch them when production has tested and got the best of the models, did you t/o grass and land belly up, your modell had more than enough power from a grass strip on t/o lolo... i plan on a lader fan for this beast though...