Advert

I'm currently building the RCME free plan (I believe it was the March issue) designed by Tony Nyhuis (sorry Tony, I think I've spelt your name wrong) which is almost complete. I saw one that had already been built at my flying field yesterday and it flew great.

My only concern is that the one I saw flying had a 15cc engine in it and was flying around at a reasonable speed at half throttle. Mine, like the plan, has a 25cc so could posssibly do scale speeds with ease :-)

You could probably convert the plans if you wanted to make it EDF or something althrough in the air the propellors not noticable. Shame the jet engine noise can't be reproduced....

Chris.
I've completed wings and tail/booms and just about to start on the fusalage, how did you make the canopy? I've just started into model flying and building so the canopy is causing some head scratching! I'm fitting an OS.25 myself..........Ive had four 1 hour flying lessons so far but don't expect to fly the Vampire for some time.

Bob V

Bob, A canopy is availiable from RCM&E for the Vampire. Give them a call or if no luck speak to Roly at Sarik Vac form 0117 9860404, he has my mould for the vampire

Chris, I used a standard plain bearing OS 25FP on the prototype, loads of power so just throttle back.

Tony

Hi Bob,

After cutting up a few plastic bottles and getting nowhere, I brought the canopy from RCM&E. I'm covering mine in LiteSpan which is about half covered now. The race is on to get it finished before Sunday, althrough, I can guarantee that if I do, it will be a bad flying weather day :-)

Thanks Tony..........

Just one final point,the angle of attack of main wing is clearly not the same as the fusalage centre line ie parallel, or in fact the raised tail plane, am I right in assuming that the tail plane aoa is parallel to body centre line albeit raised?

I'm thinking that I might have some difficulty in achieving all three aspects correctly when i get around to fitting the booms accurately, as I suspect that will be 'key' to the whole build?

Appologies if the answer is obvious, or the terminology not correct, and Ive missed it.

Thanks Bob

Bob,

The center line of the fuselager is just a reference point and fixes the wing and tail togther at the correct attack angles (the fuse could be a bit or carbon rod for all it matters. The height position of the tail against the wing again is not critical. What is critical is the attack angle of the wings against the tailplane, In general from what I remember the wing has a 1-deg postive angle against a 0-deg for the tailplane. Hope this helps

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Does anyone have a secnd hand plan for this and would consider doing a swap for another plan (I have a fair few).

Also interested in any CNC parts, or even buying one second hand off someone.

Really want to build one, but currently i'm short of space and time with 2 other large scale projects on the bench, but what i really need is a 25 size for a quick carve around the sky when i get a spare 30 mins.