What should I build next?

andrew wise 2

I am fairly new to this 'time thief' hobby and find it totaly asorbing, and if you don't watch out expensive. However I am still flogging round with my 40 trainer trying to get that landing right.
Some kind sole has recently given me a very nice OS Max 61 which is now sitting on my bench tempting me, but with what? What suggestions would you make for my next build around this engine something I will be able to handle but looks good. Or should I sell the engine and build something less ambitious. It  seems a shame to part with such a nice engine, what do you suggest I do?

Advert

I don't mention budget to her indoors, she wants a new bathroom suite! What I was looking for is advice from you guys as to what would be a suitable 2nd model which would be based around the OS61. Perhaps it could be a larger Piper Cub or a more gentle low wing, how about a Hanger 9 Pulse60, that had a very good review. The problem is when you read the sales blurb they all say 'easy to fly' 'very stable' etc. Even I know this is not always fact only you experienced flyers know the real truth. Any suggestion are welcome based on your experience.

andrew-get the landing off to acceptable standard-then move on-if you want to build-i would recommend chris foss model's(buy british-save the country etc..)or if it's going to be ready to fly-the world is your oyster......progressing from your trainer i would say go for a low wing config-ask other's at your club/look at what other people are flying---then again the bathroom might come first........................

ken anderson...............