New name to me!!

Colin Scovell

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Colin, BlueBird did indeed do a .40, plus a .46, not heard of the .32.
They are good engines, i had a couple and they did / do run well.
Only had one problem with the .40, the con-rod gave up during a flight with my Yammamotto ( this was a long time ago !) so it was sent to John D Haytree, who was the authorised engine mender then and it still runs well to this day.
Good engines !
Regards
Chris

I have 3 Bluebird 28's (one NIB). The series of engines, (including the 46's) are all AAC - aluminium liner, with aluminium piston running in the chromed liner. These are very powerful engines for their size and have a large bore carb compared to their counterparts ie: OS/Enya etc.

They were also marketed as a "Brat" in some parts of the world (I have one of those as well) - you can see the Brat adverts in the American RCM magazines from the mid 80's (approx. dates).

If yours is brand new, be kind to it during the run in period. Use a quality oil & you will have an engine that performs really really well.

Hi Greg,
  No it's not a new 0.32, previously owned by an RAF member who has given up modelling.
I've not met him as this engine came to me via a past colleague of his. I believe it to have been looked after as it turns over smoothly, has after-run oil in it and the piston is not burnt or scored. I hope to run it up within the next few weeks!, then I will have to build something to put it in, as I do not have a model suitable. Any suggestions?

Colin.