Needed, an update in servo design.

Now that purchase prices are steadily rising I find that I am tending to be more discerning in what I buy, but how I would love to spend part of my pension on a servo that had the following spec. To start with, it needs a universal mounting system so that it can be used for fuselage or wing use. (If you look at a "run of the mill" servo you will see that it is a fuselage servo as when that mould was made we did not fit servos in wings).
Number two of my needs is a voltage that will be happy with a two cell lipo. I note that logic rc have made a move in this direction with their new servo range, (9.6v). 
Number three requires a different reduction system. Throw away those spur gears that transmit control surface loadings back to the servo, what I would like is a "worm and rack" set-up, (Falcon rc do a minute servo that uses such an arangement). Try pushing a nut up a threaded rod, without turning the nut, and you will understand why.
Number four has to be different speeds for different applications! Why have servos for flaps, undercart etc got to travel so fast? Which brings me round to what I do not need and that is sixty degrees in .15 of a second, and if the truth be known nor do 90% of model fliers

Advert