AR7000 entering bind mode at each start

Gemma Jane

Hi all,

AR7000 just returned by Horizon after the QC update.

Turnigy 5-7.5A UBEC

Wire removed from ESC as instructed

Each restart the rx enters bind mode, it will bind successfully then work without problems.

Remove the battery, replace it, back in bind mode and needs re-binding.

I haven't left the bind plug in! Original bind was  using a spare channel as the battery channel was occupied by the UBEC

Advice please!

Advert

You CANNOT bind with the bind plug inserted in any other socket than the battery socket.
temprarily insert the UBEC or other supply into any other socket but NOT the bind plug.
The procedure you have been doing means that it has never been properly bound, hence its desire to keep asking to be !

I don't suffer too badly Ken, at most I work 6 months in the year so I can't complain.

Just to confirm Tim was right as usual, now bound properly and the Sea Fury went for its first post accident flight today in far too windy conditions but I couldn't help it, had to see it fly again. Opted for a hand launch and belly in. How it managed to find the only pile of Alpaca poo in the whole field on landing is anyone guess. Glad to say all is well and I'm looking forward to many more flights thanks for the help Tim