Lama 500

Kevin Davies 2

hi owen.
thanks for the confermation mate,
will defo order these then,
Ive got the w 38 as well, same size blade holders as the 500,but the blades are 20mm shorter, -cut them down - so should be ok for that as well .
I like this when you can sort 1 part to fit across several models. see about bulk buys
regards
don

hi kevin,
I think when they make them they 'pull' the plastic lengthwise whith makes them stronger for blade-clashes but they 'split along the grain' so to speak
just ordered the 53q blades these will fit lama500, esky big lama, and will cut down to fit the w38 as well. and cheaper........ see how they last 
regards
don

Edited By DON WILSON on 27/03/2009 10:28:50

hi kevin
 bought from them befor seem ok,
cant remember what thier del like but says -

If your order was placed before 3:00pm (Mon-Fri) it will be dispatched same day.  -

main rotor diam only 408mm not 450mm so about 20mm shorter - depending on the size of the blade holders.
they are 5mm too long for my walkera 38 so can go there if not enough lift for the lama, but seems the big lama has stacks of lift with origional blades so should be ok with little less, just more head speed.
so we shall see ,
regards
don

Edited By DON WILSON on 27/03/2009 22:21:37

hi kevin.
yes the airy blades are terrible, the 53Q blades are the same size as the lama, got mine todat , flexible like the airy but seem stronger, did chip one today in front room but on a chair leg at fast headspeed .
look good too , going to cut some down for my w38 chinook try them on that,
they dont hardly flex at all in flight even under hard liftout but sound good when you do that
you will have to put a note with the next purchase saying NO airy's.
actualy they are not the 53Q blades but the airwolf ones.............

regrads
don

Edited By DON WILSON on 01/04/2009 02:08:37

Hi Don yeah shocked the way the blades split thought the supplier was being generous wont get them again. got some 53qs from another supplier hopefully today. thank goodness my cx2 is going o.k. had about 8 batts through it yesterday just getting ready to go out now. all the best. Kevin

Hi Don the walkeras i was sent are black, been out again this morning and cant get much above a couple of feet. tha ones from America purport to be as orginal. the site is RC11.com they seem to be the only ones who have original blades in stock so ill wait and see and report on them when they arrive. Kevin