2.4 Ghz Buddy Box

Dave M

Hello, I wonder if anyone could answer a question for me. Can the Spektrum DX7,
be used in training mode (Buddy Box) linked to my current transmitter, a grupner MX12 (same as a JR 2610), either as master or slave.

I think it should be possible to mix 35 Mhz with 2.4 Ghz transmitters for training as the Master dictates the frequency flown, ,or am I completly wrong?

Also, can the transmitter be used in mode 1, (Throttle left)

I have e mailed Helger a couple of times but they don't answer!

Thanks

firstly. I use a 35Mhz JR set as a trainee coupled to my Spektrum. As long as your graupnerset has the 3.5mm mono jack socket as its training function connection, then you are fine.
Mode. Now this is one of the oddities of the DX7, you MUST spoecify which mode you fly at time of purchase, as the tr cannot be switched internally as most can.
NOTE !! you are incorrect in your modes...
Mode 1 is throttle RIGHT !! with aileron, and Rudder /Elevator on left stick.

Timbo, thanks for your reply, your right about the mode, I meant throttle/aileron on the right, it was a typing error. I am learrning with mode 1 as that is what my instructor flys, I am based in Germany and it is the common mode at my club.

The training socket on my transmitter is a D.S.C./trainer jack. (DSC stands for direct servo control) Whether this is a mono jack socket, I don't have a clue!

Thanks again, I think I will go this way and try it.I just got back from flying, and was completly rubbish today for some reason, lack of ability I suppose. Still we all learn at different rates, so must have to put up with the bad days!

Cheers

Now I'm confused about Mode1 and Mode2! One of you says Mode1 is Throttle/elevator on the right stick and aileron/rudder??? on the left?
I always thought that Mode1 was just the "left hand" version of Mode2 which, I believe, is Throttle/rudder on left stick and ailerons/elevator on the right stick - which is how I have flown for decades. Am I sort of half way between the two???

I cant see where either of us suggests that mode 1 is throttle / elevator on the right....besides this would be almost impossible to achieve !!

THIS IS THE GOSPEL ( in the UK anyway )MODE 1 - THROTTLE AND AILERON ON THE RIGHT
- ELEVATOR AND RUDDER ON THE LEFT

MODE 2 -AILERON AND ELEVATOR ON THE RIGHT
-RUDDER AND THROTTLE ON THE LEFT