E.DO F-15 build log

stuey

I too have one of these. ive flown mine on the stock fan and motor, flys nice but is no speed demon. I glued a finger hold on the bottom and hand launch mine. I used the standard radio twice then it glitched and almost stacked the jet so the radio got the biff.
One suggestion to anyone using the radio that comes with the plane is be careful of the rates, theyre extreme. if you look under the thread whats in your shed you will just see it stashed between the skyhawk and het f20.

Advert

I have now modded the battery bay some more to get the 4S 2250 packs in, and run it up on the wattmeter. On the half charge the pack came with, it produced just over 600W at around 42A and 14.1V. I am not expecting a massive improvement in top speed, but it should be better with twice the input power!!

• 2 weeks later...
Had the first couple of flights on 4S packs today, much better. The first had a bit of a bad launch, which went into the long grass and damaged the front of the inlets. Found one bit but the other has gone.
Tried again, and it went away fine. The power was much better than before, still not really quick but a decent sized loop is now possible. The second launch saw a 45 degrees plus climb out once on step. Timed for about 5 mins of mixed throttle, I can fly it on a tad over 1/2 power. On 3S this would be more like 2/3. So I can get about the same flight time pulling around 10 amps more, by using the power sensibly.
I may try a bungee launch tomorrow, I haven't finished my ramp so I will try the shoulder height 2 man launch. Wish me luck!!

stuey thats alot lighter than my A7, i am using a 3000 4s pack and a 850mah external battery for the servos and i over 1000g (could weigh it but the wife loaned my scale out )

Must just be the draggy airframe as its not going to be a speed demon but it should still hand launch fine with a good chuck, putting a hook for a bungee is just going to add more weight with the "beefing" up you going to have to do?

The only problem with hand launching is the width of the fuselage at the bottom. You can barely get your finger tips round it making it hard to throw. The bungee worked fine, except for the same issue of holding onto it with the bungee attached. And that was with a helper! When my ramp is sorted it should be no probs to launch on my own.
As far as the performance goes, everyone who has seen it fly on the 3S packs has commented on the improvement since I changed to 4S. Which is good news!!

• 4 months later...
Question for Dusty. I am considering changing the F-15 over to pusher, so I can put the Cyclone fan in something that will make the best of it. Do you have any pics of your conversion? I am thinking of sticking with the 4S packs if they will fit in the nose, not sure about how much wattage I should aim at. 400W? Top speed around the 90mph range would be fine. I think the flimsy tailplane will need a little reinforcement!