EZE-Fan builders

Radders

Advert

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm having a go at my first ever model build and have chosen Nigel Hawes EZE-Fan (I seem particularly attracted to Nigel's range of models and have collected as many of the old RCM&E plans as I've been able to beg, borrow and steal from all over the place !).

I see BRC Hobbies have several 'packages' available - is there any reason why I shouldn't go for the £69.99 set up which includes the 2200 battery ?

If I go for the £59.99, with the 1700 battery what will the main differences be - interested to hear what everyone has too say regarding speed and flight times as a comparison between the two ?

Sorry if this seems a daft question but I'm prety much a novice all round - particularly with regard to electric flight (which all seems complicated and frightens me to bits !) !

Cheers,

Rob

PS Also seriously looking at Nigel Hawes (old) 30" Tucano, 30" BAe Hawk AND 45" Tucano. The months / years have rolled on since these plans / articles were written so can anyone please suggest a more modern electric 'set up' for all 3 ? Maybe BRC are the people to buy everything from, in one foul swoop ?

PPS Yet another question - sorry ! Re the EZE-Fan what are the EXACT servos used and where can I source these from ? 

• 2 weeks later...

HI Rob

Regarding building the 30" Tucano, I have been flying this model almost every week for the last three years and it is a super model in light winds, I fly most of the circuit at about 2 - 3 feet altitude! (safe private flying site). My set up includes an Airpower 400T brushless motor with an 7x4 Kavan nylon prop, a 18amp speed control and a 1500 mah 3 cell Lipo, for flight times in excess of 30 min. Most of the flight is below half throttle and the plane will loop from level flight and climb vertically out of sight at full throttle.

Keep it light and dont fly in very strong winds as it gets tossed about.

I am also building the EZE-fan and hope to complete it in the next three weeks. I have a 58mm fan unit and inrunner 3800kv brushless motor, 40amp spedd controller and intend to use a 2200mah 20c 3cell lipo. 

Hope this is of use

John

• 2 months later...

I happen to have a 90mm AirPower Fan (http://www.airpowernet.com/twe/index.php?cPath=88_90) in my drawer alongside with a Mega 22/30/3 (http://www.puffinmodels.com/MEGAAC2216pictcoman.pdf).

I am planning to scale up the EZE-Fan by 33% for this fan-unit (68mm * 1,33 = 90,44mm!)

Will this be a good combination? There are very few kits available for a 90mm fan, so when I saw this plan last summer I decided to try to enlarge it.

Any recommendations on battery-pack and regulator will be appreciated!

Kind regards,
Erlend Moen
Norway

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I need help. I'm finishing my EZE-FAN and it's the first scratch built I have done on about 50 years. The nose looks like a white prune. I'm using Hanger 9 covering material and all the web sites tell you how to cover a wing. How do you cover the compound curves of a nose so it looks like Nigel's photos? Do you know any sites that are good at this stuff? Appreciate any help you can give.

Jack Higgins

Toronto                                                         

• 1 year later...