Mini Mag

Bid for and won the Mini-Mag at the Great Southern Auction, it came with motor and speed controller. The motor is a Hi-Model inrunner, thats all there is on the label but it's 400 size 28mm diam 36mm long.Could anyone give an educated guess what model it may be. Speed controller is a Hacker X30 not the 30S, will I have to program it for lipo batteries or is it automatic. I can't find instructions online to download.
                                     Thanks Eddie.

Advert

Inrunner, and around the same size as a 400 can motor? - lets take a stab at it after looking at this site HERE
I would say its the high Kv ( 4800 ) motor,and expect it to be good for around 200 -300 Watts maximum, so small prop and 3s LiPo and around 30A maximum.
Just a guess mind, and seems totally wrong for this kind of model

Thanks Timbo have been to the site, very helpfull. Forgot to  put shaft diameter it's 3.17, so Iv'e narrowed it down to two.

B2040-6T   KV 5100 or B2040-7T  KV3900.

Also by looking through the motor specs I think Iv'e learnt the higher the turn number the lower the KV value. Perhaps one day it will be as clear as brushed motors,until then it's back to old farts school and learn quickly. Thanks again Eddie.

Wow - it doubt very much its the 5100 - that is very high and would be suitable only for teeny weeny props or fans. Even the 3900 as I say, is wrong for that model without a gearbox. I would certainly only contemplate a 2s battery if it was me. 
Lower turns / winds = higher Kv and higher current !