Help on finding a F3A Composite Model for a YS110

Can anyone post me a link or recomend to me a composite F3A patternship model to suit a YS110. I have an Infinity 90 that has shaken itself to pieces and need a replacement. It needs to be composite because that is the only way i see of getting longevity out of an ARTF.

I could not buy a composite F3 model here in Dubai, so I fitted my YS110 into a Global kwickfly. This is an ARTF wood machine, but very well built and is modelled on a 1970's pattern ship that won many competitions, trike u/c and bubble canopy.
this has got to be the best aircraft i have flown. Takes off in about 3 metres and just goes unlimited vertical, yet can slow down to walking pace for landing. All manouverse are smooth and precise an abasolute brill combination of airframe and engine.
run 15x8 prop with 20/20 fuel , plus the sound of the YS makes it a pleasure to fly.
I think Graupner now sell this aircraft under their own brand as the Mk3 with optional retracts. I have the Mk2 with fixed gear.
If I lower the central flap on landing it just does not come down, floats along above our 300 metre runway without touching down, at tickover, so landings are with no flap.
Darryl

• 2 months later...
Thats the problem tim F3A isnt many peoples thing. There is only a tiny handfull of importers of the sort of thing im looking for and no one does a composite model. Im now flying an infinity 90 imported by probuild and it flies a dream but is so b rubbishly built. The covering peels off like a banana skin and it cant withstand the vibration of the YS. It anoys me really because the whole model in the air is pushing £800 let alone the fuel at £25 a bottle! Each flight has cost around £20 up till now, im not saying its not worth it but i just want better quality for my money. anyway im ranting.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Oliver, how did you get on? I too fancy an F3A model, electric of course and cheap. The cheapest I could find was your Infinity 90 model, but it sounds from your experience that this is poor value for money. I also found plans to build an Insight and might go this way as I enjoy building! The expensive composite models do look nice, but when most of the websites don't even publish prices I guess as the old saying goes, 'If you have to ask, you can't afford it' I always have to ask

Tom

Tom
The infinity is a great plane, it redefines the term 'on rails' and i'm sure that with a few hours spent going over all the covering and strengthening up some of the fromers etc you sholdn't have the problems that i had. If your planning on kit/plan building have a look here. I think its artf or kit, but not composite.

Well have done a lot more research and found that the Infinity 90 has been replaced by the Inspire 90, which is more suited for electric power, it now has a battery hatch, plug on wings, etc... So looks like I need to save up £500 to put a medium size F3A pattern plane up in the air, not that bad really. Going to fit it with the following.

Dualsky XM5060CA-10 1650W 305Kv (0.90 2ST Equivalent)
Dualsky 90A 2-12 Cell OPTO ESC
Spektrum DS821 Servos (4 -off)
17x12 or 18 x 12 Prop

Already have four 4s1p 3700 Lipos, I will pair these together into 8s1p 3700 packs, should come out light at around 8lb with 1600W, ballistic!

Cheers,

Tom

Edited By Tom Foreman on 26/07/2009 18:17:11