MF a step too far

spanner

Just a small moan here,
I have registered with the site, I subscribe to the magazine and now I see that some on line articles, highlighted MF need my subscriber number to enter. Come on guys I know you want to get subscriptions but surely you do that through having a high quality product, ( which I think you do) and not by co-ercing people. I and Im sure many others log on to the site from many different locations and just dont need to have to remember another number.
and I did want to read about the sticky stuff!!!
whinging over - otherwise a great job, keep it up!

Advert

Great! I forgot to log on and had my whole post erased ! This subscriber only thing. I think that it is a very bad idea. I can see the reasoning behind it but it is counter productive. EG I have an SU 27 by Ultrafly. I was delighted to see that Chas G has done a review as I have been waiting for one with bated breath as there were issues with the build. I especially wanted a thread to start. But it is subscriber only AND buried so deeply in the site that even a search fails to find it unless you know just where to look. This is a shame as I was looking forward to discussing direct drive options etc with other owners but this is never going to happen like this. I don't think anyone will subscribe in order to read something; web stuff is very immediate. BUT I can imagine many people thinking s*d you then! and moving on. SO stop HIDING all your good content, make it easy to see what you have reviewed and open the site to all, after all only RCM&E fans will know that it exists. So stop being petty and stop hiding the good stuff NOW! Or I will stamp my foot, pout and go and mash my shockie!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anybody tell me if the online article on Sticky Stuff has been published in the magazine. Whilst I can see (I think!!) the reasoning behind the "MF" thing it does seem a bit strong. I purchase the mag every month from my local newsagent (who needs the support). This way, publisher and newsagent win. I would be very interested to read this article but am excluded. Seems a shame !!!
David....You might like to comment. I assume David will see this post, I am new to the forum.
Thanks all.....it's nice to have a moan.
Chris