Junior 60 conversion

Advert

If you've got ailerons, then you want very little dihedral, the J6 will have far too much.
Can ask why you'd  want to do this, as the ones in the club seem to handle nicely on rudder /elevator/motor.

ps there's no connection between ailerons and downthrust.   If you reduce downthrust you would probably need to reduce the wing incidence, which may make it fly faster, or at least give it a wider acceptable speed range by not climbing so fast at higher throttle settings.
Then again, it will also glide and land faster.

i thought that the super 60 was the version designed with the aileron's in the wing with very little dihedral---i have a junior and the wing has too much dihedral to add the aileron's too-i would think it will be impossible to fly.................
        ken anderson....... 

Edited By ken anderson. on 28/05/2009 20:09:56

John.

I have done this on my Mini Super and it works a treat,lower the dihedral to around 15mm under each tip and away you go.

Steve Hargreaves has built the same model with ailerons / flaps but left the dihedral as normal and it doesn't work,he found that the ailerons were ineffective and had to use rudder to turn the model .

My Mini Super has no down or side thrust,ailerons are effective but not as crisp as a pattern ship and the flaps are great,the model can be hovered in a slight breeze.

With this modifcation it make a good aileron tainer.
JIm