Daft battery question

Ok this IS daft, but genuine...clears throat, here goes...

i have a lipo pack here made by G E power. The front says GE power, RC power.  Its a 3s pack but I have no indictaion as to capacity.  It is a white pack and the writing is red and yellow.

its hefty, so 2500 or some such, but because I dont know the capacity my charger refuses to charge it. Clever little thing.

Anyone recognise it?

david

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 04/06/2009 15:01:59

Advert

David...I see your namesake beat me to it on the editing - no swearing please .
Cant say I recognize the battery from the description - why not just set the charger to say 1000m/a and 3s and let it do its stuff. Then after fully charging, put it on a discharge cycle and see what it gives back. HTH

Tim, yeah I tried that but the charger chucked it off. I assumed that was the effect of the balancing circuits but maybe there's a fault with it.  I'll try again, thanks.

david

oh, re the swearing, sorry. i didnt appreciate that word was considered swearing by some.  Afear ye not!

Have you weighed the battery and seached the net, there some other forums re. the cells you using and pictures as i have just googled it, hopefully a picture or a weight can speed up process of finding out what cells you have... give it a lick and see how much spark you get lol

Well as with all things in life - problems happen.
If this was a cheap, non mainstream battery, then perhaps you got what you paid for EG: poorly assembled with duff iring /soldering/ materials whatever. I have to sya that with all the LiPos I have evr owned ( probably well over a hundred different flavours by now ) I have never had a problem as you describe. It may have been damaged, dropped, whatever, so dont write off electric flight just because of one bad experience David, - it has after all, opened up a huge part of the hobby to people who would oterwise just not be involved.

PS I am NOT saying these batteries are poor, as I honestly dont know the brand at all.....but I am sure you get the gist of my comments

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 05/06/2009 09:59:54

Tim, yes as you say it might just be a cheap pack, I cannot recall now.  I'll resolder and see what happens.

I have a fondness for some areas of leccy flight -  I love getting an hour or more of soaring from my Easy pidgeon, even if it does have a daft name!  My parkzone fighters also give a great thrill as they swoop over the grass at low level, But at heart i'm a glow man!

Thanks for the pointers anyway.

david