Kyosho Spitfire 40 (the old one )

Vinno

I have just acquired a spitfire, which is new and assembled, but I have no way of identifying it. I wonder if it is the same one as in this forum.

Wingspan 1650,    Length without spinner   1250, retracts fitted, no flaps and a darkish blue underside,(similar to some of the Kyosho kits)  definitely not eggshell.  But I cannot find a Kyosho of this size mentioned anywhere.
Can anyone identify this for me and also suggest a suitabke engine?

Thanks

Thats mine actually William.
Mine flies very well on a 90 SC ( four stroke ) despite being a tad heavy at around 8.5Lbs AUW. The S/A version is the same as the Jamara.
PS please consider filling in a bit on your profile...you may get more response from peeps

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 02/07/2009 14:39:54

TBH I suspect the RCV 60 would be too small - not the most powerful 4 stroke anyway, and a 60...er dont think so.
Of course, a lot depends on your final AUW - and if you start messing about fitting flaps ( which need linkages and servos etc ) the weight goes up
Mine is heavy 'cos I added a 90 4T,  flashing guns and landing lights, onboard glow system and so on..... all requiring extra electronics and batteries etc - and repainted her to get rid of the ghastly blue underside!
It does fly very well though, and as long as you dont slow her down too much, it behaves very well. It is nicer to have a little headwind of course to slow her down a little for landings, although so far touch wood, all mine have been greasers, with the occasional nose over at the end - not unlike the full size
What else do you want to know...ask away.
The new colour scheme for underside -  hand brushed with good sable brush - "warbirds"   paint from Phil at fighter aces
 Heres the wing before a paint job.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 02/07/2009 18:57:17

Hi again, I think a 90Fs is going to have to be acquired .  When you did your paint job, which is a 100% improvement on the original, were there any special requirements?  Did the existing covering take the paint  ok and what preparation was required, etching possibly?
Sorry to be a nuisance but it is worthwhile getting the looks as good as you can.

Thanks again

Bill

No special prep - just a thorogh degreasing, and sanding with a fine emery paper, then more degreasing ( I used isopropyl achohol). Mix the paints as recommended by the manufacturer - very easy to do - and then brush on with the best quality brush you can afford. . You could spray of course if you wanted, but I hate sparaying cos i am rubbish at it...and the finish is hard to tell from sprayed TBH - excellent paint.
I document all the builds and mods I do on pretty much everything, so heres a pasted and copied extract of some of the info...should be self explanatory I hope.

BEST COVERING MATCH I could find
GREY "WORLD MODELS" SHRINKFILM LIGHTEX ( steve webbs )

BLUE NO FILM FOUND  New light blue Warbirds RLM 65 from Phil.

GREEN - NO FILM FOUND  Warbirds RLM70 from Phil at fighter aces.

SPAN 64
WING AREA 697sq
LENGTH 53.5
DESIGN WEIGHT 6.75 7.75LB

WWW.RCHOBBY.CO.UK/RC_SPORTSMAN_SPITFIRE.HTML

Build Link    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1311896/tm.htm

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 03/07/2009 07:34:40