Mainstream Shows and Electric Flight

Before the LMA changed their website / forum I asked the question as to why they didn't promote electric flight and why all the shows were obsessed with petrol / turbine engines. I think I am right to say that the shows are heavily dependant on good trader support yet often the time given over to traders is 20 minutes with no commentary ?

Although I received some responses to my questions they weren't helpful and degenerated into a who's got the biggest 'gas / turbine' engine debate.

I'm not saying that I like to see the big stuff in action but I also like to see the models people want to buy fly, am i alone in this or does anyone else feel the same 

Advert

I too got little response from LMA when I contacted them on a totally different matter some time back.
I do enjoy the LMA show at Cosford I have to say - always well organised, and truly stunning models although this year we are going to try Rufforth instead for a change.
I think TBF we get plenty of opportunity to seethe mainstream stuff " that people want to buy and fly" at the other mainstream shows like Weston et al.

I like the sound of that mowerman, I must get to more shows when the kids get a bit older and hopefully one of them shows an interest in the hobby, now that would be the perfect excuse

Look forward to hearing from you Timbo, lets hope for good weather  (John kettley would have spoiled his underpants with the conditions last year !)

Is there another mode ? Seriously though our club www.nlmfc.org retrained a lot of mode 2 flyers to mode 1 to help them with their landing skills, it seemed to work as they found it easier to control the primary landing functions on different sticks.

I'm interested to know the reason for most of the new TX's (well certainly the ones in the local(ish) model shop) are supplied mode 2 as standard ?

Edited By James Hindle on 14/06/2009 06:28:55